Designed with a central breezeway the 150 sqm Pak Shak D-Lux Dwelling comes with all the features of the C-Pak along with two bedrooms and two bathrooms arranged around a generous living/kitchen area with a large extended verandah to maximise the outdoor tropical living experience.
We only use engineered timbers sourced from sustainably-grown plantations in New Zealand. This approach offers several advantages over common, alternative building materials:
- Sustainability – wood is a renewable resource that stores stores carbon dioxide and requires smaller amounts of energy to manufacture
- Strength – engineered timbers improve the load bearing and structural strength of the timber, so it is comparative with steel
- Predictability – it has known performance criteria in fire and damage resistance in earthquake and cyclone events
- Aesthetic – warmth and attractiveness
Pak Shak features Safetyline Jalousie, a sophisticated European designed aluminum louvre system manufactured in Australia to maximize cross ventilation through the building. Safetyline Jalousie meets the requirements of Australian Standards AS204-2014 (Windows & Glazed Doors in Buildings) and AS4055-2012 (Wind Loads for Housing).
The Safetyline Jalousie louvre system offers:
- large louvre spans, up to 900mm, in extremely durable, high quality 63mm module square cut aluminum frame, available in powder coated or anodized finish
- superior weather seals on all 4 sides, to give a Water Penetration Resistance of 800pa
- superior wind loading with an Ultimate Limit State (ULS) up to 9,525 and Serviceability Limit State (SLS) up to 4000pa
- integrated aluminum louvre blades that cannot be removed to protect against home invasion and an impact load test to 550kg to protect against cyclone damage
- removable aluminum internal insect screening, for durability and ease of cleaning
- a variety of blade opening options to maximize cross-ventilation opportunities
This classic D-Lux tripartite design with good separation of bedrooms and a common living & eating area would make an excellent small family holiday house.