WORK | PAK SHAK
SIMPLE, SUSTAINABLE DWELLING
Pak Shak is an innovative, engineered timber building system, conceived with environmental sustainability and durability in mind.
Designed for tropical and sub-tropical climates Pak Shak comes flat-packed and complete in a container, ready for assembly on-site by our experienced team of qualified builders within months.
A series of engineered timber and plywood frames give Pak Shak maximum design flexibility and cyclone-proof rigidity. Pak Shak is adaptable, expandable and crafted with meticulous simplicity. There are a number of different models that can be configured and extended to suit changing lifestyles, budget and circumstance.
We only use engineered timbers sourced from sustainably-grown plantations in New Zealand. This approach offers several advantages over common, alternative building materials:
- Sustainability – wood is a renewable resource that stores stores carbon dioxide and requires smaller amounts of energy to manufacture
- Strength – engineered timbers improve the load bearing and structural strength of the timber, so it is comparative with steel
- Predictability – it has known performance criteria in fire and damage resistance in earthquake and cyclone events
- Aesthetic – warmth and attractiveness
Pak Shak features Safetyline Jalousie, a sophisticated European designed aluminum louvre system manufactured in Australia to maximize cross ventilation through the building. Safetyline Jalousie meets the requirements of Australian Standards AS204-2014 (Windows & Glazed Doors in Buildings) and AS4055-2012 (Wind Loads for Housing).
The Safetyline Jalousie louvre system offers:
- Large louvre spans, up to 900mm, in extremely durable, high quality 63mm module square cut aluminium frame, available in powder coated or anodised finish
- Superior weather seals on all 4 sides, to give a Water Penetration Resistance of 800pa
- Integrated aluminium louvre blades that cannot be removed to protect against home invasion and an impact load test to 550kg to protect against cyclone damage
- Superior wind loading with an Ultimate Limit State (ULS) up to 9,525 and Serviceability Limit State (SLS) up to 4000pa
- Removable aluminium internal insect screening, for durability and ease of cleaning
- A variety of blade opening options to maximise cross-ventilation opportunities